JenJon Camping in Igatpuri is a unique experience combining adventure and convenience of being closer to Mumbai and Nasik. The lake brims with water throughout the year and you could also utilise all the facilities of JenJon Lake Vaitarna Resort.
JenJon Camping comes into its own during the post monsoon with an abundance of lush foliage. The best time to camp is in the winters, which extend from November to March, with night-time temperatures ranging from 12-15 degrees. That’s all the more reason to cosy up to our campfires. After the extended winter, summer lasts for just two months between April and May. Even then, the weather is a pleasant 18-20 degrees during the day, and the evenings are surprisingly chilly.
JenJon Camping provides premium weather-proof tents outfitted with comfortable foam mats that guarantee sound sleep and complete protection from moisture, insects, and other unsavory bits of nature. We have very hygienic toilets with western commodes offering you privacy and hygienic sanitation.
Foodies are in for a treat with our elaborate dinner and breakfast menu incorporating traditional style of cooking. The evenings are spent round the warmth of our campsite barbecue offering delicacies cooked right in front of your eyes or you could do your own BBQ too.
Our adventure activities use the challenging terrain offering kayaking, boating, trekking, ATV, Cycling etc.
There’s nothing like a round of beers (see FAQ) between a game of darts between friends. Classic board games such as chess, snakes and ladders, Monopoly, and Scrabble provide entertainment for kids and adults alike. If all you want to do is listen to the birds chirp, our campsite is dotted with hammocks for relaxing to the greatest soundtrack ever — that of nature.
Lets prepare you to have some fun with the Preparation Kit
- Mosquito repellent spray / gel.
- Windcheaters for when it rains and a jacket for the night (It may get nippy during the night).
- A towel and an extra change of clothes during rains.
- A water bottle ( Yes, they can be refilled at the site).
- Light comfortable clothing for the day.
- Footwear – Comfortable slippers for your stay at the camp, rainy shoes for nature walks & night trails.
- Personal medication.
- An empty bag to store your wet clothes.
- That book you brought a while ago and never got the chance to read.
- Board games, poker sets etc.
- Sketching/drawing material.
- Outdoor games equipment ( badminton, frisbee, football etc).
- Binoculars for bird watching.
- Your acoustic musical instrument ( Guitar, flute, bongo etc).
- Any outdoor gear you bought, but never had the chance to actually use!
JenJon is ready for your entire camping plan, the way you would like to have it. While a simple breakfast is included in the booking charges; lunch, dinner and an evening snack is all available at our restaurant. For a complete camping experience, we recommend you do your own barbecue and/or a cookout. With a little effort this can be the highlight of your trip! We will give you a grill and the coal for your barbecue at a cost of Rs.400 per grill.
If you don’t want to do your own meals, our restaurant could take care of your complete food. They could be served at the restaurant or under the Big Mango Tree (weather permitting)
You may want to plan the following if you are planning for your own BBQ or cook-out
- Get marinated food in cooler boxes and all that is required for the BBQ and / cook-out
- Ready-to-cook food, all ingredients, utensils etc have to be planned for the cook-out. We will provide you with wood and outdoor cooking space.
- Marshmallows for the campfires. Campfires are charged extra.
- Cooler/Icebox with ice!
- Fruit juices / Chocolates for dessert.
A security deposit of Rs. 2,000 ( in CASH) will be charged per tent, at the beginning of the stay and would be refunded at the end of the stay, after checking that everything is in order. Any damage caused to the tent, bed, linen, equipment etc would be deducted from the security deposit. In case the assessed damage is more than the security deposit, you would have to pay the same before leaving.
Tent Etiquette (You will be fined for the damage caused by disobeying these rules.)
- Strictly no footwear and NO eating, drinking, cooking or smoking in the Tent.
- Don’t put any weight on the tent (clothes or anything else) – the tent poles can snap under even a little vertical weight.
- Pay extra attention to tent zippers – they are quite delicate and they keep the mosquitoes out.
- Please take care of the tent and keep it clean, it is your “room” in the outdoors.
- Take in the outdoors, but keep wild creatures outside by making sure your tents are zipped up at all times.
- Silent hours are in effect post 11:00pm. Keep your voice down. Remember sound travels far in open spaces. Please observe silent hours.
- Please use the nearest trashcans for EVERYTHING.
- Please ensure that you leave your campsite neat & tidy for the next campers. Ask for garbage bags if you require them!
- Please point out to the nearest staff if you are unhappy with the toilet cleanliness.
- Please also follow toilet etiquette since you are not the only person using the toilets.
- Please respect others privacy and do not trespass on other people’s sites.
- Playing music at the campground is usually not permissible. Please be mindful of the fellow camper’s experience.
- DO NOT SMOKE close to any dry grass. This is a fire hazard.
What is the provision for toilets and showers at camp?
We have western flush toilets and running water showers (no geyser) for all campers. On request hot-water could be supplied. The toilets are common but maintained clean. The sanitation facilities are a keen focus for us to maintain to high standards.
What do you provide in your meals?
We have a detailed description of meal possibilities at camp.
How do we dress for monsoons at camp?
The day is pleasant, but the nights can get pretty nippy, particularly during November to February. During monsoon, it is best to carry light clothes that do not soak water. Additional pair of clothes are recommended. During monsoon, appropriate footwear to be carried.
Is it okay to bring kids to camp? What age group?
Camping is fun for kids of all ages, they love tents and rolling in the grass! We have had even toddlers at camp. The parents need to be mindful of the kids and monitor them.
Is there an Ice box / Fridge at the campgrounds?
We have the refrigerators at all our restaurant and kitchen, however please check if it can be used before your trip.
Are there any local supplies available around camp?
Local supplies are far from all the campgrounds. It is not convenient to just step out and get something. Try and prepare as much as you can from the city itself and speak with our booking staff, if you need anything special.
What is JenJon Camping Experience?
JenJon Camping Experience is package tailor made to suit every one keeping in mind comfort and is full on experience. You get to stay in tent, Sleep on Air mattresses, Enjoy wilderness, Light your own campfire and savour taste of juicy barbecue.
How far it is from Mumbai?
2.5 hrs from Mumbai, 135 km
Can we get our car/ bikes till campsite?
Cars and bikes can be parked at our private parking area.
Do you provide sleeping bags?
For hygiene reasons we don’t provide sleeping bags. Instead we provide comfortable Mattresses.
Is there any bathing facilities?
Yes. We have high quality shower systems with cold running water.
How are the toilets?
Are there mosquitoes?
They are natural to be around, care must be taken to ensure that the tents are zipped well, all the time
Are pets allowed?
Is it safe & secure?
Can we celebrate private parties exclusively?
Yes we arrange for parties.
Can we need to make our own barbecue?
Is there network for mobiles?
Yes (Vodafone, Idea, Jio)
Are there any charging points?
Could be provided
What is per tent capacity?
All 3 Man Tents. However we could give it for two people too.