A charming Portuguese style villa with a tree in the garden rumored to be a hundred years old – like the house itself. The property has been lovingly refurbished and restored to reflect its former colonial glory to perfection all the while retaining its inherent Portuguese influences – shell windows and a shared well included.
This Portuguese style house with its airy, high-ceiling living room is tastefully furnished with a combination of old family heirlooms and restored furniture. The large, formal dining table can accommodate a group of 10. The cool whitewashed interiors give off an aura of peace and serenity – an ideal setting for romance, bonding with friends and family, or a restful holiday. The three bedrooms ensure spaciousness as well as privacy – an ideal escape from the tourist crowds of Goa.
It is situated on a hillock with lovely views of the surrounding village. It is set in canvassed gardens filled with an abundance of sweet scented frangipani and Indian jasmine, interspersed with bamboo, mango, jackfruit, breadfruit, drumstick, cashew trees and an olive tree. For those who love life and nature – it is the perfect place to relax in hammocks and rejuvenate – making the home-stay seem like a slice of Portuguese life in Goa.
Guests are encouraged to walk around the picturesque village, go fishing on the river with the village children, enjoy an alfresco bath with water drawn from the well, help water the garden, visit the neighbors who make and sell the best Goa sausages, visit the local village bar for some locally brewed Feni, fire up the BBQ and cook your catch, enjoy a beer or a bottle of wine on the patio or relax in a hammock and count the stars – and experience life the way its supposed to be… the Goan way.
- 3 independent bedrooms containing a double bed each
- Sleep 6 persons, 1 Kid below 5 could be accommodated on the bed
- Extra people can be accommodated on mattress
- Attached bathroom for every bedroom
- High quality bedding
- Equipped Kitchen
- DTH Connection
- Car Parking available
- Shared Well for a Alfresco bath
- Royal Enfield Bike available
- Barbeque offered
- Fishing rods offered
- Gardening equipment (we encourage people to help out with watering, weeding and planting)
- Music system available
- Honesty Bar: You are welcome to help yourselves with drinks from the Honesty Bar in the dining room and write down what you consume. Drinks and mixers will be added to your tab and can be settled before you leave.
- Caretaker stays in the out-house. Home-cooked lunch and dinner can be arranged at an additional charge
- Taxis and self-drive can be arranged
- Driver and Airport Transfers can be arranged
- The local market (Tinto), is around the corner which has bakeries, local bars and restaurants, a fish market, a well stocked super market and a pharmacy.
- Located atop one half of a hillock known as “ Parte Do Cume Do OiteiroOuMonteiro Do BairroRanoi ” (Part Of The Top Of The Hill Or Monteiro Of Ward Ranoi)
- Picturesque Goan village of Aldona
- Behind the Khorjuem river with a view of Goa’s famed Khorjuem cable bridge
- 12 minutes from Mapusa
- 26 minutes away from Baga beach and the happening Baga-Calangute stretch
- Panjim and the Latin Quarter are approximately 28 mins drive away
- Old Goa 40 mins.
- The airport is an hour away
- Tivim Station 21mins
- The beaches of South Goa are an hour and a half away